The access code is an internal code required to access your instance of the platform prior to the platform going live. This prevents public use until development and testing are done and you have agreed that the platform is ready to go live. The access code is only visible during the onboarding stage. It can only be removed after you have completely reviewed and approved the platform. Removing the access code makes the platform available for public use.
Articles in this section
- Can Jemstep be accessed via mobile
- How does an investor reset their password?
- How can we tell clients we only accept business in the state where we are registered?
- Does an advisory firm need to register in all 50 states?
- What is the access code on the sign up page?
- Can we make changes to the sign up and login pages?