Our understanding is that an RIA can have up to five investors in most states before they need to register in that state. This does not apply to advisors in the state of New Hampshire, Louisiana, and Texas. However, firms should review their own compliance requirements and should not rely on Jemstep for legal or compliance advice. Jemstep serves in the capacity as a technology service provider and is not responsible for the compliance function within the firm.
Articles in this section
- Can Jemstep be accessed via mobile
- How does an investor reset their password?
- How can we tell clients we only accept business in the state where we are registered?
- Does an advisory firm need to register in all 50 states?
- What is the access code on the sign up page?
- Can we make changes to the sign up and login pages?