Yes you do. As far as VEO, iRebal and Orion is concerned there is no difference between a traditional investor and an online investor and you will still have the same functionality. The investor signs the various enrollment documents (sent to their email address using DocuSign). TD Ameritrade starts the account opening process. This takes around two days. TD Ameritrade performs a "Transfer in Kind" from the investor's funding account(s) to the investor's new TD Ameritrade account(s). This takes anywhere between five and fifteen days. You (the advisor) are required to log into TD Ameritrade’s VEO (https://www.tdainstitutional.com/veo) to view the newly funded account(s).
Articles in this section
- How is the Advisor billed for Jemstep Advisor Pro’s fee?
- Can an investor open multiple accounts at TD Ameritrade?
- Can an investor transfer only certain securities in an account (and not the full account).
- Who executes the required trades?
- Do I receive a notification when a client’s account is open and funded at TD Ameritrade?
- I would like to use a brand new TD Ameritrade rep code for my new online (robo) advisory business. Can I do this?
- Can a user open multiple accounts at TD Ameritrade?